School is now out until March , which will for me force some difficult decisions.
After doing everything possible so I am firing on all cylinders for the scheduled Monday 17th restart, the let-down came this afternoon from the school’s head teacher.
So I’m all dressed up, but with no place to go. In one sense.
In another – the financial – it leaves me way too exposed for my liking. No school hours worked in February means no wage from the school until April 7.
Add to that the cost of rental, and renewing my Visa by March 1, and it starts to make less sense to stay here.
On the other hand, tickets back home aren’t cheap right now. And it’s unlikely the same Jackpot job will be waiting for me on my return.
So it may be just as well to hunker down and work my butt off online for a bit.
And yet, March in Whangarei is the best time….